Ever since I was in college, I’ve had an egg white omelet for breakfast just about every day. I love them because they are low cal, and super filling. I typically make some variation of a cheese omelet, but this 100 Calorie Caprese Omelet recipe is my favorite, so I thought I’d share.
To me, there are few things better than Mediterranean food. I LOVE olives, cheese, tomatoes, olive oil, pita… I could go on for days. This omelet is great, because it is so easy to make and it tastes amazing for having only 100 calories.
The cheese I use is from Trader Joes (my favorite store). It is their low calorie Shredded Mozzarella Cheese. If you are looking for alternatives, feta cheese is great too (add about 40 calories), as is goat cheese. You could also try doing a mix of a couple, but just know, it will no longer be a 100 calorie omelet.
100 Calorie Caprese Omelet
- 3 egg whites whisked together
- 1/4 c Trader Joe's Lite Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4-5 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 2 chopped basil leaves
- 4 kalamata olives (optional)
- Grease a 10" omelet pan
- Pour your whisked egg whites in to the pan and turn the heat to medium.
- In the center of the eggs, layer your ingredients starting with the cheese
- When the eggs have set, fold one side over the middle and then the other.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Flip on to your plate, and enjoy!