It was my fiance’s birthday yesterday, and his favorite breakfast is waffles. Lately, I have been obsessed with Avocado Toast (I’m so basic), so I thought I’d merge the two breakfasts and make him Avocado Waffles.
Now that I’ve had waffles this way, I don’t think I’m going to have them any other way (unless fried chicken is involved). They were so good.
The waffle recipe I used is super highly rated, and they turned out great.
The only thing I would do differently next time is let my waffles cool a little on a cooling rack, so that they don’t get too soft from the moisture.
Other than that, they were perfect, and my fiance was happy.
- 1 egg
- 1 c flour
- 3/4 c & 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- Plug in your waffle iron, and turn it on to preheat.
- Beat the egg in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in the flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt & vanilla and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Grease the waffle iron, and pour 1/2 c of batter in the center.
- Close the iron, and wait until your green light signals that the waffle is done.
- Take the waffle out, and place it on a rack to cool.
- Scoop out the avocados in to a small bowl.
- Add the lime juice and salt & pepper.
- Lightly mash the ingredients together.
- Spread the avocado on to the waffles.
- Drizzle the waffle with olive oil.