To me, banana bread & muffins are the ultimate comfort food. I don’t why, but they just really give me warm & fuzzy feelings. Since I love banana & peanut butter together, I like to spice my muffins up a bit, and throw in some peanut butter chips. The end result is so good.
I also love that banana muffins are best with overripe bananas. I hate wasting food, so for someone like me who eats bananas often, I usually have several in the freezer waiting for me to recycle.
The banana muffin recipe I use is one that is super tried & true (over 8,000 5 star reviews!). I’ve modified it slightly, but trust me, it is just as good.
Banana Muffins w/ Peanut Butter Chips
Yield: 9 muffins
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, bananas, sugars, and oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and peanut butter chips.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold in until JUST combined. You do not want to over mix, and a lumpy batter is perfect.
- Pour the batter in to your pre-lined or pre greased muffin tin and fill 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold!