Football season is almost over! This may make you want to cry (from either joy or sorrow), but like it or not, we are in the thick of the playoffs with the Super Bowl right around the corner! Playoffs are my favorite, because 1) my team is usually in them (go Seahawks!), and 2) people tend to gather more for playoff games than regular season games and that means – TREATS! I will take pretty much any excuse to make delicious, cheesy, appetizers (and then also eat them all). Last year I made Cheesy Pigs in Blankets and this year I decided to add a little heat to my bread and cheese with these mini Blue Cheese Buffalo Pull-Aparts.
I am kind of obsessed with the whole pull apart bread concept. It’s so easy, and I love that you basically get whatever ingredients you put into it in every single bite. I decided to make these mini because I am all about making things that are individually sized. It is just easier to eat that way in my opinion.
These mini pull-aparts are incredibly easy to make. The only thing you really have to “make” is the sauce. And even that is just melting a few things together. Easy peasy. I used this great recipe for the sauce (it has over 300 5 star reviews). Also, I promise you that any football fan or “fan” you make them for will love them. Happy almost Super Bowl!
Blue Cheese Buffalo Pull-Apart Bread
- 2/3 c hot sauce (sriracha)
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- dash garlic powder
- salt to taste
- 1 roll biscuits (8 biscuits)
- ~8 oz blue cheese crumbles
- ~8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the hot sauce, butter, white vinegar and worcestershire sauce over medium heat until the butter has fully melted.
- Whisk in the cayenne, garlic powder, & salt and remove from the heat.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Open the can of biscuits and cut each biscuit in to six pieces.
- Put three biscuit pieces in each muffin cup.
- Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of blue cheese & 1 tbsp of mozzarella in each cup.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of buffalo sauce on top of the biscuit pieces in each cup.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until biscuits begin to brown.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before popping out of the muffin tin.