Happy Easter! For Easter brunch, I figured I’d make some Blueberry Banana Oat muffins. I thought about making another type of muffin but for whatever reason I always come back to banana. They’re my favorite. They’re sweet, healthy, easy, and SO versatile – just look at all the kinds I’ve already posted.
These muffins are moist, not too sweet, and ridiculously addicting. My husband and I ate all 8 of them within a couple of days (and probably could have finished them sooner). I have a pretty fool-proof base I use for all of my banana muffins. The recipe produces the perfect muffin if I do say so myself.
If you don’t believe me, try it yourself 🙂
Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 c blueberries (make sure they are dry)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, bananas, sugars, and oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and blueberries.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold in until JUST combined. You do not want to over mix, and a lumpy batter is perfect.
- Pour the batter in to your pre-lined or pre greased muffin pan and fill 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold!