I’ve had blackberry jam sitting in my fridge for a while now, and I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it (besides mix it with gin & soda water – which is so good by the way). I bought brie cheese the other day and realized it would pair perfectly with the jam, so I used the final bits of pastry sheets I had left in freezer and put together my personal crack equivalent – Brie and Blackberry Pastry Bites.
While my blog may not reflect it (yet), I am OBSESSED with cheese. In fact, my sister is throwing me a cheese themed bridal shower and I cannot wait.
This recipe made 12 pastry bites, and my fiance is working today, so it is extremely likely they will all be gone by the time he gets home.
Sorry not sorry.
Brie and Blackberry Pastry Bites
- 2/3 sheet thawed pastry dough
- 1/4 c blackberry jam
- 1/4 c brie cheese
- 12 blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw frozen pastry dough for at least 40 minutes.
- Once dough is thawed, lay out on a piece of parchment paper and cut in to squares approximately 1 1/2" x 1 1/2 ". Note: my dough did not divide evenly so I did some patch work with the scraps.
- Put each square into a greased mini muffin cup and press the bottom down flat.
- Spread 1 tsp of blackberry jam on the bottom of each square.
- Trim the skin off your brie cheese and put about a tsp of the brie in to each cup on top of the blackberry jam.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until sides of pastry are golden brown.
- When you pull them out of the oven, Put a blackberry on top of each cup.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes, then serve & enjoy! These are best served warm.