I was at Trader Joes the other day (my favorite grocery store), and saw that they had champagne grapes on sale. I’ve usually avoided these grapes since they are so tiny (blueberry size), but they caught my eye this time because of the suggestions on the container (use these in scones, cake, etc). I have been wanting to make muffins, and realized these would be great in them.
The grapes are similar to blueberries when cooked, so to make my muffins, I adapted this blueberry muffin recipe. The Champagne Grape Muffins turned out super well, and I think I may need to buy these grapes more often!
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 c 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp and 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp and 2 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c champagne grapes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line or grease your muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl, mix the vegetable oil, milk, vanilla and egg.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the champagne grapes.
- Scoop about 1/4 c of batter in to each muffin cup.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on the edges.
- Cool & enjoy!