I’m considering renaming my blog to something to do with cheese & chocolate due to the fact that 99% of my recipes contain one or the other. I don’t consider this a bad thing. Those are two of my favorite things to eat!
This delicious cauliflower dish was introduced to me by one of my really good friends. She’s allergic to potatoes, so her mom made her this cheesy baked cauliflower dish as a Thanksgiving potato replacement. She brought it to a Friendsgiving one year, and it was a hit. We practically licked the platter clean.
I changed a few things to make the recipe slightly more healthy, and more to my taste. I think the result is kind of amazing. I told my husband I would wait to eat it with him, but I have zero self control, so there is now a big chunk missing from the dish (sorry). It really is that good though. I dare you to make this and try not to eat it the second it comes out of the oven.
If you love Potatoes Au Gratin, you will love this dish. It is the perfect side dish (to chicken, steak?) on these cold winter nights.
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower with Prosciutto
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp rosemary, chopped
- 3 oz prosciutto, cut in to strips
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 1/4 c milk
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 oz swiss cheese
- 1/4 c shredded mozzarella
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic & rosemary and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the prosciutto and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 2 more minutes.
- Mix in the flour and cook for another minute or two, stirring the whole time.
- Add in the milk 1/2 c at a time and mix in thoroughly each time. The milk should thicken as it is mixed in. Once all the milk has been added, you want the mixture to be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add the cauliflower, and coat thoroughly with the milk mixture. Heat to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a small baking dish (mine is 9"x 6").
- Spread the swiss & and mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and brown on top.
- Serve immediately.