Is there anything better than cheese oozing down the side of, well, anything? I think not. Aside from being a cheese fanatic, I also feel very passionately about cheese + bread + pesto. I have channeled my passion in to these really simple Chicken Caprese Sliders with Pesto Sauce. They take about 15 minutes to make, and are SO yummy.
The recipe below is for two sliders only, but you can easily multiply this recipe to make many many more. This is a great recipe for adults, kids, summers, winters, lunches, dinners, snacks, etc. You can pretty much make these any time for any person, and I assure you they will be very excited about it.
I have always LOVED Caprese salads, and find that they tomato, cheese, pesto combo works well in just about any scenario. These sliders are no exception. I could have eaten a million of them, but sadly, I only had two.
Chicken Caprese Sliders w/ Pesto Sauce
- 2 slider buns
- 4 tsp pesto sauce
- 1 chicken breast cut in strips
- 4 sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz mozzarella cheese
- Turn the broiler on high.
- Cook the sliced chicken breast over medium heat in a pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut your slider buns in half, and place face up on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Put your slider buns in the broiler for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- On each of the bottom buns, spread 1 tsp of basil sauce and layer with chicken and cheese.
- Put the loaded bottom buns back in the broiler for another minute or so until the cheese is melted.
- Add a layer of sliced tomatoes on top of the cheese.
- Spread 1 tsp of pesto sauce to your top buns and place on the bottom half.