I am officially 60 days away from my wedding day! Eep! Basically what this means is I have been eating A LOT of veggies. Lately, my thing has been lettuce wraps. You can do so much with them, and they actually taste pretty good if you add enough flavor. The variety of the day is Chicken Hummus Lettuce Wraps using this hummus recipe.
I will not lie to you, I would prefer to wrap these up in a pita, but they actually are really tasty. I promise. Also, if you think about it like I do, having a nice healthy dinner deserves a glass of wine to enjoy it with. And maybe also a scoop of ice cream for dessert….
Chicken Hummus Lettuce Wraps
- 4 oz chicken (2 small breasts)
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 5 lettuce leaves (I use Boston Lettuce)
- 5 tbsp hummus
- 1/2 c sliced mini heirloom tomatoes
- 1 sliced persian cucumber
- 10 kalamata olives halved
- 1/4 c feta cheese crumbles
- 1/4 c chopped artichoke hearts
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the chicken breasts over medium heat on the stove.
- When the chicken is almost done, add your pine nuts to the pan to roast for the last couple of minutes.
- Put the chicken in the fridge to cool (optional).
- In the meantime, chop all of the veggies and wash your lettuce.
- When you are ready to assemble the wraps, spread 1 tbsp of hummus on each piece of lettuce.
- Add your remaining ingredients on top of the chicken.
- Wrap, and eat!