The Cookie Project continues! My all time favorite chocolate chip cookies are from City Bakery in NYC. They are THE BEST.
I have no idea how they make them, so I found a website that claims to have the recipe, and I used it.
I have to say they did not quite live up to City Bakery, BUT they are really good, and I still ate them (duh). Check out how they stacked up on my Cookie Project page.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 15 cookies
- 4 tbsp cold butter cut into cubes
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c & 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chunks (about 6 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter & sugars until completely smooth.
- Mix in egg & vanilla until blended.
- Sift in flour, baking soda & salt and stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chunks and fold in to the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Spoon out dough on to cookie sheet about 2″ apart.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Let the cookies set, and them move to a rack to cool.