Well friends, it’s almost Valentine’s Day. I have a pretty love-hate relationship with this holiday. Some of my best Valentine’s days were the ones I spent in college with my other single girlfriends. One year we went to see the movie “Valentine’s Day” and another year we went to dinner and then we went to our guy friend’s house to watch the dunk contest #romantic.
This year is my first V day as a married woman! As far as I know, we don’t have plans yet… Perhaps we’ll go to dinner, or maybe we’ll be ordering take-out and binging some Netflix? Who knows. All I know is dessert is taken care of.
I LOVE strawberries dipped in chocolate. Whenever I make them though, they look very….. home made (read: messy). To make things prettier and easier this year, I decided to really get in the spirit of things and make my strawberries heart shaped. This is super simple, and since only half of the strawberry is dipped, it is easier to make them look pretty.
You can eat them as is, or use them to top a delicious bowl of ice cream, pudding, chocolate mousse, cereal….whatever your heart desires.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Hearts
- 7-8 Strawberries
- 1/2 c Chocolate Chips
- Take your strawberry, and cut a "V" shape in to the top of the strawberry.
- Note:If your strawberries are very fat like some of mine were, turn them to the side, and cut the "V" on the short side of the strawberry rather than the long side.
- Turn your strawberry so the "V" is on the side, and the uncut part is facing up.
- Slice the strawberry, so that the slices are about 1/4" thick.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Dip half the strawberry in the chocolate and then place on a piece of parchment paper.
- Let the chocolate set, and then serve!