Warning: this stuff is like crack. In a good way. Like in the can’t stop eating it kind of way. I made this over the weekend to bring to my friend in Philly, and had to stop myself (literally, I had to hide it) from eating it all on the car ride over. Four and a half hours is a loooooong time to sit next to chocolate. It turns out I do not have the self control to keep snacks like that within arms reach while I am driving.
I decided to make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark because I LOVE chocolate covered pretzels. And what is better than chocolate and peanut butter?! The answer is nothing.
This treat is so easy, it is almost silly to even write it as a “recipe”. There are only 3 ingredients, and it takes exactly five minutes to put together and another 15 or so to set.
If you feel 24 pieces of chocolate bark is too many to make, never fear, you can freeze it. Fortunately, you don’t even need to thaw it if you want to eat it, because it is GREAT frozen. There is something about cold chocolate that I just really love.
Anyway, I’m hoping anyone that started reading this has stopped by now to go make it. It is really that good.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark
- 1 bag peanut butter chips (12 oz)
- 1 bag chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 1 c pretzel pieces, broken up
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second increments. After each 30 seconds, mix the chips, and stop microwaving when they have just melted. It is crucial you do not overheat the chips, as they will seize.
- Repeat the process with the peanut butter chips.
- Pour the melted chocolate on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in lines.
- Pour the melted peanut butter chips on to the same baking sheet in lines alternating with the chocolate.
- Using a butter knife, cut through the chocolate and peanut butter creating a swirl. Go back and forth with the knife until the two are evenly spread.
- Sprinkle the pretzel pieces on top.
- Let the bark set for at least 15 minutes.
- Use a knife to cut in to squares, or break apart with your hands.