Even though I’m getting married in about six months and should probably reevaluate my diet, I decided that today was not the day to do that. Thus, I had Chocolate Swirl Pancakes for lunch. Cuz I do what I want!
Also, they were delicious and pretty. I used this tried and true pancake recipe (just modified it for the yield), and they turned out super well.
Chocolate Swirl Pancakes
Yield: 4 pancakes
- 1/4 c & 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- chocolate syrup in a squeeze bottle
- Add the lemon juice to the milk, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk your dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter and egg to the milk, and mix together.
- Mix your dry ingredients in to your milk mixture and whisk together until smooth.
- Grease & heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 c of batter into the pan and pour the chocolate syrup in to the batter in a swirl (see picture below)
- Drag a knife from the outside of the swirl to the center. Repeat about an inch apart.
- When the batter begins to bubble, flip the pancake over, and cook until the other side has browned.
- Take off the heat, and repeat process with the remaining batter.
- Pour additional chocolate syrup over pancakes and serve!