I love buying puff pastry because it’s like working with a blank slate. You can put pretty much anything on/in it and it will taste amazing. I haven’t yet made anything I don’t like. It could be because I ALWAYS add some kind of cheese, but I think I would just prefer to believe that puff pastry is magical and impossible to ruin.
I’m still in Super Bowl prep mode, so this recipe was created keeping that in mind. I figure every Super Bowl party needs some kind of pizza app, and what is better than pizza with a buttery flaky crust!? The answer is nothing. Nothing is better.
This post (sadly) isn’t sponsored by Trader Joes, but it may as well be because every single ingredient in the recipe is from there. I was thinking I’d make a four cheese pepperoni pizza pinwheel. Originally I was going to buy four different cheeses and combine them myself. But when I was at Trader Joes, I saw that they already have a shredded four cheese blend and so I just bought that instead. Why make things harder for myself than they need to be??
These pinwheels are super easy to make. You roll out the dough, spread the sauce, cheese & pepperoni on it:
Roll it up & melted butter all over the roll:
Slice it in to twelve pieces and place each slice in a muffin tin cup. Sprinkle more cheese on top:
Bake! That’s it! Then you have super cheesy flaky pizza rolls that everyone will love. I promise these will be gone about 3 seconds after you serve them.
Four Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- 1 pastry sheet, thawed
- 1/4 c tomato sauce
- 1 c shredded four cheese blend (like this one)
- 30 pepperoni slices
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay the pastry sheet out flat horizontally.
- Spread the tomato sauce all over the pastry.
- Sprinkle the cheese blend evenly over the pastry.
- Place the pepperoni slices on the cheese and space them out evenly.
- Roll the pastry from the bottom to the top.
- Brush the roll with the melted butter.
- Slice in to 12 equal pieces.
- Place each slice with the cut side facing up in a muffin cup in a muffin tin.
- Brush the remaining butter on each slice.
- Sprinkle additional cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Let sit for a couple of minutes and then serve!