When I make dinner for myself, I go for whatever is easiest, and it is rarely something healthy. Tonight I decided I wanted something cheesy (obviously), but didn’t want to use regular bread. I had some pita, so I made myself a grilled cheese pita with Havarti cheese & green apple. It was AMAZING. For being really cheesy, it wasn’t heavy, and the basil made it taste really fresh and light.
I suggest you make this… now.
Grilled Cheese Pita with Havarti & Green Apple
- 1 pita
- 1/4 green apple thinly sliced
- 2 oz (approximately) havarti cheese sliced
- 1 tsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Brush olive oil on to both sides of the pita.
- Cut the pita in half.
- Fill each half with green apple slices, Havarti and basil.
- Grill on the stove in a pan on medium heat.
- Turn over when the bottom begins to brown (about 2 mins).
- Take off when both sides are evenly browned.