I’ve always been a sucker for nostalgic foods. Sometimes I just want to order off the kids menu and get chicken fingers or grilled cheese. It hurts my heart a little that I can’t. Grilled sandwiches of all kinds are my favorite. Especially grilled peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.
When I was growing up, my mom would make my lunch pretty much every day. She always made it homemade and I was always jealous of the kids that got the prepackaged foods (because I was an unappreciative brat). I LOVED uncrustable sandwiches. To me, they were the best thing ever.
I decided to recreate the dream lunch of my childhood. Since I prefer my sandwiches toasty and melty, I grilled my uncrustable. The result was perfection and these sandwiches could not be easier to make. All you do is cut large circles in the bread:
Spoon a tablespoon full of peanut butter on one side and jelly on the other.
Smash the two pieces together, crimp the edges with a fork, butter both sides & grill! Easy peasy.
Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Uncrustable
- 2 slices bread
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp jelly
- butter, softened
- Cut a large circle in each slice of bread. I used a 4" circular cookie cutter.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of peanut butter in to the middle of one of the circles.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of jelly in to the middle of the other circle.
- Put the two slices together with the jelly and peanut butter facing each other.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges of the sandwich.
- Butter the top and bottom of the sandwich.
- Grill the sandwich in a pan over medium heat.
- Flip the sandwich after about one minute when the heated side is golden brown.
- Grill the other side until it begins to brown.
- Remove from the pan and serve!