When it comes to jello shots, I am on the fence. I like the idea of taking a shot without having to taste it, but I hate the idea of sucking it out of a cup (most often unsuccessfully). My dream jello shot is something I can pick up with my hands and take bites of.
Thus, I went on a quest to find a recipe for Jello Jiggler Shots. My search was fruitful (literally, my shots are orange flavored), and I found a great recipe for these delicious boozy treats.
Since Halloween is right around the corner, I felt it was only appropriate to make these Pumpkin shaped jello shots. I am hosting a Halloween party and wanted to have the perfect Halloween inspired boozy treat. I think these are it.
The recipe I used yielded only 6 pumpkin shots, so if I was making these for a party, I would quadruple the recipe and use two baking sheet pans instead of the 10″ baking dish I used.
These shots are also especially delicious because rather than using vodka (which I loathe), I used peach brandy. The peach and orange mesh really well together, and these shots genuinely taste good.
I also just ate all the scraps before writing this and feel a little tipsy, so be warned: they are strong.
Halloween Themed Jello Jiggler Shots
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c peach bourbon
- 1 pack unflavored gelatin
- 2 small boxes orange jello (or 1 large box)
- Boil the water in a small pot over high heat.
- Add the gelatin and two boxes of orange jello.
- Stir until the gelatin has been completely dissolved.
- Mix in the peach bourbon.
- Pour in to a lightly greased 10 x 10" pan.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut your desired shapes in to the jello.
- Peel away using a fork to lift.