I’m going on vacation, so I wanted to do something with all of the chocolate syrup I made. My friend suggested I make a chocolate cake with coffee. I accepted her challenge and decided to make a mini chocolate coffee bundt cake with chocolate syrup. I infused both the cake & the syrup with freshly brewed coffee. The result was pretty awesome.
Below are both recipes. The only thing you might need if you don’t have it is a mini bundt pan.
Mini Chocolate Coffee Bundt Cake
Yield: 3 mini bundt cakes
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 c brewed coffee
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Powdered sugar for sifting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the butter, oil and coffee in a large bowl.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda & salt) in to the liquid mixture.
- Mix on medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Add the egg & vanilla and continue mixing until the egg is full incorporated.
- Pour in to your greased mini bundt pan. Fill each cup 3/4 of the way.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Can be served hot or cold.
Coffee Infused Chocolate Sauce
Yield: 1/2 cup sauce
- 1/4 c brewed coffee
- 1/2 c chocolate syrup
- Combine the coffee & syrup in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Reduce to simmer, and while still whisking, let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once it has returned to the thickness of the original syrup, take off the heat.
- Pour over the bundt cake (either hot or cold depending on preference).
- Sift powdered sugar on top.