Ever since I started my cookie project, I have perpetually had cookie dough in the freezer. Most often, I’ll just eat the frozen cookie dough as is (don’t judge – it’s a great when you’re craving something sweet). As the dough has built up in my freezer, however, I decided that I needed to do something about it. I had about half of the Peanut Butter Cookie dough left from my last batch, so I took that out and thawed it.
I had this idea in my mind that mini peanut butter cookie cups filled with Nutella and topped with Reese’s Pieces would be magical. I was right – they were. What I love about this “recipe” (if you can even call it that) is that it is so versatile. You could make these cookie cups with whatever leftover dough you might have. And you can fill them with whatever kind of filling / topping you think would go well with the cookie. There are endless combinations. I was thinking melting chocolate and pouring them in the peanut butter cups would be great as well. I didn’t have any chocolate chips around (shocking, right), so I couldn’t try it out.
This is also a really simple and easy dessert to whip up. I think I made these in about 20 minutes including the baking /resting time.
If you have any cookie dough sitting in your freezer, I suggest you try these out.
Nutella Peanut Butter Cookie Cups with Reeses Pieces
- Cookie dough (amount you have will vary)
- 1 ½ tsp Nutella per cookie cup
- Reeses Pieces
- Thaw your frozen cookie dough in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a mini muffin pan.
- Take your thawed cookie dough, and roll into balls about ¾ - 1 inch in diameter.
- Press the dough in to the muffin cup and make sure it lines the bottom and the sides.
- Bake 8-12 minutes until dough just begins to brown.
- Your cups will have risen in the oven, and will not have maintained the “cup” shape.
- Remove from the oven, and before the cups cool, use the bottom of a shot glass to press down into the cookie cups. This will allow the cookies to hold the “cup” shape as they cool.
- Once the cups have cooled, remove from the pan.
- Fill each cup with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella, and top with Reeses Pieces.