I had extra bananas in the freezer (again), so I decided to combine them with peanut butter (again) but this time I wanted to turn them into granola bars. This recipe is super quick and easy, and only has 4 ingredients.
Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars
Yield: 6 granola bars
- 1 banana
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 2 c rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the oats out on a baking sheet and toast the oats in the oven for 15 minutes (every five minutes, stir them to toast evenly).
- In a small pot, mix the honey, peanut butter and banana together over medium heat.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- When the mixture melts and is in a more liquid state, pull off of the heat.
- Mix in the toasted oats, and spread out in a loaf pan (or just keep it to one half of a cake pan).
- Cut the bars while still hot (but don’t remove them from the pan).
- Let the bars cool in the fridge.