I was craving something sweet today, and didn’t want to just snack on chocolate chips (per usual). I decided to dress the chips up a little bit and use them to make a somewhat healthy snack. I figured granola bars would do the trick. I had some coconut and cranberries in my cabinet, and thought they would complement the chocolate well. I threw peanut butter in to the bars too, for good measure (any time chocolate is involved, I pretty much need to have peanut butter as well).
These granola bars could not be easier to make, and take barely any time. I would recommend keeping them in the fridge and eating them chilled because the chocolate can get a little messy otherwise.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola Bars
- 1 c oats
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c dried coconut
- 1/3 c dried cranberries
- 1/4 c (approx) chocolate chips
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Heat honey & peanut butter in a small sauce pan until the mixture is almost boiling.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of your ingredients except for the chocolate chips and mix it all together well.
- Take the pan off the heat, and scoop the mixture in to the loaf pan.
- Press everything down so that it is evenly distributed throughout the pan and level.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top while the mix is still hot.
- Let the chocolate melt for a about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Spread the chocolate over the top to make a smooth layer.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top if desired.
- Put in the fridge to set.
- Cut & enjoy!