I think I mentioned in a previous post that I recently got a fire pit… If I didn’t, let me just say – it’s a game changer. I love being outside, and any thing that makes it so that I can spend longer out there is a win for me. The kind we got is propane, so it’s super easy to use and we don’t have to wait forever for the embers to die out. This is key when my husband asks me if we have any chocolate around, and I suggest we make S’mores. Bam. We made them in five minutes over a pretty fire, and it was the most satisfying dessert ever.
Growing up, I was never super in to S’mores because I didn’t like marshmallows that much. I was a weirdo who loved to roast the marshmallows but hated eating them. I recently discovered Peanut Butter S’mores, and oh man. They have really changed my whole S’more perspective. I didn’t really need to create a recipe for them, since it is pretty self explanatory, but I needed you to see how amazing they look, so I had to write a post about them.
I also dipped my graham crackers in chocolate rather than layering the chocolate on the marshmallow. I happen to like my S’mores better this way. I feel like the chocolate melts easier and mixes with the peanut butter in a way you just can’t get from chocolate squares. Also they are prettier.
Peanut Butter S’mores on Chocolate Dipped Graham Crackers
- 2 graham crackers
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- 4 marshmallows
- ~1 tbsp peanut butter
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second increments.
- Break each graham cracker in half
- Use a knife to spread the chocolate on half of each graham cracker (front and back).
- Place on a piece of parchment paper, and let the chocolate set.
- Roast your marshmallows on a stick over a fire.
- When they are nice and toasted, spread some peanut butter on two of the graham cracker halves.
- Place two of the marshmallows on top of each of the peanut buttered graham crackers.
- Place a non peanut buttered graham cracker half on top (you can peanut butter both sides if you prefer).
- Sandwich together, and enjoy!