There are few things that make me happier than a cookie buffet at a wedding (or anywhere for that matter). They’re just the best. One of my friends had magic cookie bars at her wedding, and I swear I had ten of them. I didn’t feel even just a tiny bit bad about it either.
I’d never made them myself and figured I needed to give them a try. Since I’ve been obsessed with pretzel lately, I swapped the graham crackers for pretzels to give the bars a salty / sweet twist. These bars are insanely easy to make too. There are only a few ingredients, and they take barely any time to put together. This is the recipe I used as my base.
Since 16 bars is a few too many for just my husband and me, we put the rest in the freezer and snacked on them cold. They were actually super delicious this way, but I suggest you thaw them a little if you try this so you don’t break your teeth 🙂
Pretzel Magic Cookie Bars
- 1 1/2 c pretzel crumbs
- 1/2 c butter, melted
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x9 pan.
- Mix the butter and pretzel crumbs.
- Press crumb mixture in to the bottom of the pan.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crumbs.
- Top with semi sweet chips and coconut.
- Press the chips and coconut down with a fork.
- Bake for 25 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool and then cut in to squares.