It’s March!! These past few weeks have FLOWN by. I’ve been traveling a bunch, so my blog has gotten a bit stale. Oops! I promise to be better about posting. The recipe I’m sharing today is almost too easy to even call a recipe. It is also practically good for you.
I’ve always loved popcorn but have shied away from making it in the past because I thought I needed a proper popcorn maker to make it at home. Not so, my friends. It could not be easier, or faster to make on the stove. One of the great things about homemade popcorn is that you can make it without all the artificial crap that normal microwave popcorn has. This version is Rosemary Truffle Popcorn and is my absolute favorite. It is also low calorie, which works well for me since I need to work on that whole swimsuit bod thing I’m supposed to have for the summer.
For the truffle flavor, I used truffle salt. You can find it at Whole Foods or at specialty food stores. You can also get it on Amazon which is what I do. If you don’t have/want truffle salt, but happen to already have/want truffle oil, you could also replace the olive oil with truffle oil and use regular salt instead. Whichever method you choose, the truffle flavor will be awesome. I’ve already made this ten times in the past week, and the best part is I don’t even feel bad about it.
Rosemary Truffle Popcorn
- 2 tbsp popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chopped rosemary
- ~1/4 tsp Truffle salt (I used 1/4 tsp for about 4 cups popcorn, and it was perfect for me, but I like my popcorn salty)
- Heat the popcorn kernels in a small greased pot over medium heat.
- Cover with a lid, but leave a little space for the steam to get out.
- Once the kernels start popping, turn the heat to low, and shake the pot every 30 seconds or so to ensure the kernels don't burn,
- Take the pot off the heat once the popping has slowed.
- Add the olive oil, chopped rosemary and truffle salt.
- Cover the pot and shake the pot to evenly coat the kernels.