I’m moving in 3 weeks, so I feel like it is probably time to address the random foods in my freezer & cabinets. I had a few frozen bananas that I wanted to use up, thus I decided I would make some muffins. While, I LOVE the peanut butter chip banana muffin, it’s a little too dessert like. I’m trying to be healthy (this week, at least), so I decided to mix it up and make these Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins this time around. I want a muffin I can have for breakfast without feeling guilty about it.
The muffins turned out super well. They are moist, not overly sweet, and practically healthy. I brought them to a book club meeting and they were a huge hit. I mean who doesn’t love strawberries & bananas? They were meant to be together! This recipe also doesn’t yield a huge quantity of muffins, so it’s easy to eat them all before they go bad. They didn’t last long in my house, and I have a feeling they won’t last long in yours either.
Strawberry Banana Oat Muffins
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 c chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, bananas, sugars, and oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and strawberries.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold in until JUST combined. You do not want to over mix, and a lumpy batter is perfect.
- Pour the batter in to your pre-lined or pre greased muffin tin and fill 3/4 of the way.
- Add a strawberry slice to the top of each muffin (optional).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold!