I’m one of those weirdos that always orders my drinks (margaritas and the like) frozen. I drink iced drinks WAY too fast, and when the drink is frozen, I can savor it more. I don’t actually know if this is true or not, but I tell myself that it is.
Sangria is one of my favorite drinks, but like with other iced drinks, I always drink it too quickly. Then I get sad, and have to order another. To solve this issue, I felt it was only appropriate to make a frozen version. Enter my Strawberry Mango Wine Slushie. It is so so yummy, and you kind of have to drink it slowly otherwise you’ll get a brain freeze. It is so good though, you’ll want to savor it. This is also an incredibly easy drink to make. There are only 4 ingredients, and you don’t even need ice to make it.
All you need is wine:
And some lemon soda. Put it in a blender, and ta da! The perfect summer drink. This drink is also really versatile. You could make it with raspberries, blueberries, peaches…. It is extremely likely you will see other versions of this drink pop up on my blog this summer. I have a feeling I’ll be making it a lot…
Strawberry Mango Wine Slushie
- 3/4 c frozen strawberries
- 3/4 c frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 c (4 oz) Reisling
- 1/4 c lemon soda (San Pelligrino, 7Up, Sprite)
- granulated sugar for the rim (optional)
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until it is nice and smooth.
- Run a lime around the rim of your glass.
- Dip it in to some granulated sugar.
- Pour the drink in your glass.