I’ve (clearly) been on a strawberry kick lately, and since my last ricotta / balsamic glaze combo was so good, I decided it was a winner fo sho and made it again.This time, I added strawberries and nixed the turkey. The result was Strawberry Ricotta Toast with Balsamic Glaze. It was super easy to make and it was oh so yummy. It was like summer on toast. I felt like I was eating something healthy, and whenever that is possible with bread & cheese, I AM IN. Also it took 5 minutes to make, and there are only 5 ingredients. I don’t know if it can get any easier (or better)…
Strawberry Ricotta Toast with Balsamic Glaze
- 1/3 baguette sliced
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil to drizzle
- 1/2 c ricotta
- 3-4 large strawberries sliced
- 2-3 tbsp balsamic glaze to drizzle
- sprinkle of salt (optional)
- Turn your oven on to the broil setting.
- Place your baguette slices on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the baguette slices.
- Broil for about 2 minutes until lightly toasted.
- Take the slices out of the oven, and place on a wire rack (make sure there is a piece of parchment paper placed underneath to catch any drips).
- Spread about 2 tsp of ricotta on to each piece of toast.
- Place a strawberry slice on each piece.
- Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the toast.
- If you are a salt fiend like me, sprinkle just a teeny bit over the toasts to give the flavors a boost.