I was out to brunch (my favorite meal) a few weeks ago, and saw a waffle yogurt parfait on the menu. It was like a yogurt parfait and a waffle had a baby. I’d never thought of making my waffles this way before. I thought it was such a good idea, thus I had to try it myself.
This breakfast could not be easier to put together (or more delicious). Start by making the waffle – I used this recipe. Then top with your favorite yogurt (I used a Greek coconut yogurt), add some sliced fruit, and sprinkle granola on top. Easy peasy. You could also use plain yogurt and drizzle honey on top if you want a little syrup action.
If you have never had waffles like this, you have to try it.
Waffle Yogurt Parfait
- 1 c flour
- 3/4 c & 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c yogurt
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 6 tbsp granola
- Plug in your waffle iron, and turn it on to preheat.
- Beat the egg in a medium sized bowl.
- Mix in the flour, milk, oil, sugar, baking powder, salt & vanilla and stir until the batter is smooth.
- Grease the waffle iron, and pour 1/2 c of batter in the center.
- Close the iron, and wait until your green light signals that the waffle is done.
- Take the waffle out, and place it on a rack to cool.
- Scoop 1/2 c (4 oz) yogurt on to each waffle.
- Place 6-8 strawberry slices on the yogurt.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp granola over each waffle.