This past weekend I had my wine & cheese themed bridal shower at a winery near Seattle (pictures below). It was AWESOME. Basically all of my favorite foods /drinks & people in one room. What more could you want?!
Before the shower my Grandma (who flew in from CA), my sister (who flew in from CO), my mom and I all made all the dishes (I didn’t help that much).
One of my favorite things we made was the Watermelon Bowl Fruit Salad. It was so simple and elegant. It also fit in with the general theme really well.
When we first were trying to make it, we though oh, this is easy, we’ll just cut the zigzag in while the watermelon is whole. Then we realized it would be WAY easier to cut the top third of the watermelon off, and THEN do the zigzag.
You can make this with whatever fruit you have available. We chose grapes because wine – and berries because I love them.
Hope you make this and enjoy it as much as I did!
Watermelon Bowl Fruit Salad
- 1 watermelon
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups balled watermelon
- 2 cups red grapes
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
- Cut the top third of the watermelon off.
- Carefully cut a zig zag pattern into the bottom two thirds to make the border.
- Scoop out the watermelon in your "bowl" with a melon baller, and set aside for later.
- Once all of the watermelon has been scooped out,add your remaining fruit.
- Top off with additional watermelon.
- Mix & serve!