TikTok is the best thing to happen to the internet, ever. It’s a video app that lets you create your own short videos. While it’s not being used for much else than self-expression, it is increasingly becoming a platform for sharing recipes, and that includes baked zoodles.
Once you’ve seen the trend on TikTok, you can’t help but want to recreate it at home. And this recipe has the best of both worlds: it’s baked not fried, and the zoodles are quick and easy to make in the oven.
Yup, we knew that TikTok had a thing for Greek yogurt and zoodles, but now it’s time to bring it inside. The trend is simple: bake zoodles with Greek yogurt and feta cheese (or any other condiment you love) and then drizzle on a topping of your choice. The result is a healthy and tasty snack that will take you back to your college days.
Do you know what a fried feta block is?
I’m sharing a TikTok concept for a viral baked feta pasta dish that’s all the rage on the internet, but I’m turning it keto! Thankfully, the only change you’ll need to do to enjoy this low-carb meal is to serve it with your favorite keto-friendly pasta! My baked keto feta is accompanied by wonderful zucchini noodles. You may also try additional low-carb pasta options here!
The primary components in this dish are cherry tomatoes, feta, garlic, and olive oil, all of which are easy to come by! It’s a straightforward, everyday meal that looks and tastes delicious.
After baking, a rich, creamy tomato and fat-based sauce is created, which is served over zucchini noodles and seasoned with garlic and herbs. The beauty of this recipe is that you can virtually mix and match ingredients by sight, and it’s also quite easy to make, which I like!
Where did TikTok’s amazing concept originate from?
The concept, known as Pasta Uyuni with Feta in Finland, was developed by many chefs and popularized due to several food bloggers, such as Jenny Heirinen’s articles. In Finland, the term Uuni means oven (which is why it’s baked! ), and it’s been said that this popular concept created a feta scarcity in 2019.
Tips on how to make the finest keto feta noodles:
- If you can’t locate a full block of feta at the supermarket, make your own. Don’t worry, since my shop didn’t have a full block of feta crumbles, I prepared this meal using feta crumbs instead, and it was still delicious! I recently returned from a nearby Costco, where I found two boxes of firm feta cheese.
- Are you pressed for time? Instead, try using the stove! Instead of baking it, I’ve heard that you may skip the oven and melt the sauce components in a skillet on the stove for a faster variation. This technique hasn’t been tried, but I’m sure it would work for a comparable variant!
- This concept is very adaptable and may simply be tailored to your preferences. I used Italian herbs and chili flakes to season it. Grilled chicken or shrimp, I believe, would also taste great!
- You don’t like for feta cheese? The flavor of the melted feta surprised me, but you could also use goat cheese or a mix of your favorite cheeses.
- If you don’t want to eat all of the noodles, don’t mix the sauce with all of the zucchini noodles; instead, prepare the same number of keto noodles. This wonderful sauce may be stored in the refrigerator for a few days in an airtight container, then reheated with different pasta.
Pasta fried with feta cheese
..: SERIES 4
TIME TO PREPARE: 15 MINUTES
30 MINUTES FOR COOKING
45 MINUTES TOTAL TIME
Served over zucchini noodles, a creamy feta cheese sauce cooked with herbs and roasted tomatoes.
- cherry tomatoes, 1 1/2 tblsp (15 ounces)
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 4 roemische Knoblauchzehen, geschnitten in scheiben
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- feta cheese block, 7 oz.
- 1 teaspoon herbs from Italy
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- a p p p p p p p p p p p p p p p p p p
- 5 to 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini or courgette (medium/large)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large baking dish, combine the tomatoes, onion, and garlic. Drizzle in half of the olive oil and toss to combine.
In the center, place a feta block. Season with Italian herbs, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and the cheese has melted.
Prepare zucchini pasta using a vegetable spiralizer as it cooks. Fry them in batches in a skillet with olive oil over medium heat for a minute or less, until cooked through and al dente.
Remove the baking dish from the oven and stir until the sauce has thickened into a creamy consistency. Add the basil to the sauce once it has been chopped. Toss in the zucchini noodles and serve!
5 cups pasta and sauce, 1 1/2 cups serving size 314.8 calories per serving | 26.6 grams of fat | 12.2 grams of total carbohydrates | 2.5 grams of fiber | 6.6 grams of sugar | 9.2 grams of protein | 9.6 grams of net carbohydrates
Presented to you by
Simple dinner ideas like these are just what I’m looking for!
This feta-topped keto baked pasta meal is one of my favorite TikTok trends, and I really want you to try it. I had no idea how much I would like the combo of melting feta and fried tomatoes until I tried it!
This is a wonderful, nutritious, easy-to-make keto recipe that the entire family will enjoy!
Jenna, another member of my team, tasted the baked feta spaghetti and had the following to say about it:
Oh my goodness!! This one appeals to me much more than the one with actual noodles! These noodle get a whole new level of flavor! I adore the combination of tastes, and the creaminess that comes through due to the large piece of feta cheese is delicious! This meal was a hit with my kid and I for lunch, and I’ll certainly make it again. And it’s so simple!
Make a creamy avocado pesto to serve with zucchini noodles.
What’s better than a Zoodle? Two Zoodles, in this case! Our favorite zucchini noodles have been given a healthy makeover with this light and flavorful keto baked dish that is baked with Feta cheese.. Read more about feta pasta without pasta and let us know what you think.