Mimosas are one of my favorite things about the weekend. In college, I may have been known to indulge a little too heavily at all you can drink mimosa brunches (oops). These days, I will order one (or two) at brunch and I hate it when you get it and it’s 3/4 Orange Juice with just a splash of champagne. Champagne is the best part of the mimosa! Thus, I have made the perfect grown-up mimosa – Champagne with Orange Juice Ice Cubes.
The orange juice ice cubes keep the champagne cool and provide enough orange juice flavor without completely overtaking the champagne. The orange juice ice cubes are insanely easy to make, and the combo of the two is well worth it. Now if only I could convince restaurants to make them this way…
Champagne with Orange Juice Ice Cubes
- 6-8 orange juice ice cubes
- champagne (amount varies by glass)
- Pour your orange juice in to an ice mold and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Once your orange juice ice cubes have frozen, pop them out in to your desired glass.
- Pour champagne over the ice cubes.