This past weekend was the Super Bowl! I didn’t have a team in the game, but I was happy to see Payton win after the Seahawks annihilated the Broncos the last time they were in the Super Bowl (sorry, not sorry).
We decided to have people over, so for me, it meant spending the whole day making snacks. I actually was 100% fine with it since I would have been making the snacks regardless of who I watched the game with (let’s be real, I watch football games for the snacks). This way I had people to share the food with and I didn’t end up eating it all myself.
I made a few things, two of which I will be sharing here. One appetizer I made was mini corn muffins with lil smokies in them (so good). Another was pretzel crusted chicken bites. Finally, I made the subject of this post: cheesy pigs in blankets.
These little guys could not be easier to make. It almost seems silly to make a post about them. However, they were SO good, they were the star of the game (sorry, Payton).
I for sure will not be waiting for football season to start back up before making these again. I will likely make these weekly now. I suggest you do the same.
Cheesy Pigs in Blankets
- 2 tubes of crescent rolls (8 each)
- 1 package lil smokies (30 smokies)
- ~2-3 oz cheddar cheese sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Open crescent roll tube and roll out dough.
- Cut each slice in to three even pieces starting at the top and going down to the point.
- Put a lil smokie and a piece of cheddar cheese at the top of the dough slice and roll down.
- Place on a parchment or silicone mat lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat for remaining lil smokies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.