At the end of every Spring, I stalk the grocery store’s produce section every week with the hope that it is finally peach season. Well my friends, peach season is currently in full swing, and I could not be happier.
Before I get to the recipe du jour, I feel I should comment on my little blog hiatus. I didn’t mean for it to go this long! I’ve missed cooking and posting. The truth is, I haven’t been home in about a month, and this summer has just been way busier than I anticipated. There have been weddings, family visits, friend visits, and lots of vacations. I can hardly believe it is almost August! I promise to be more diligent the remainder of the summer!
Back to business. Peaches are great no matter how you prepare them. My all time favorite is grilled peaches. The sugar caramelizes, and they are just THE BEST. They are especially delicious when paired with burrata. I have a special obsession with burrata. I mean mozzarella infused with cream?! You can’t go wrong there. Look at how it just oozes… <3
To make this already decadent snack / appetizer even better, I drizzled a mix of honey and balsamic vinegar on top. You can eat this as is, or you can put the mixture on top of toasts and/or crackers. However you choose to eat it, I promise it will be amazing.
Grilled Peach and Burrata Drizzled with Honey Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 8 oz burrata
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp honey
- Crackers / Toast (optional)
- Grease a grill pan (or a grill) well.
- Lay out the sliced peaches.
- Grill the peaches over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes on each side (or until they have golden sear marks).
- Remove from the grill.
- In the meantime, mix the honey and balsamic together in a small bowl.
- Put your burrata on a platter, and place the peaches around the burrata.
- Drizzle the balsamic mixture over the peaches and burrata.