While normally I’m perfectly content having an omelette for breakfast every morning, this weekend I decided to mix things up (literally) and make a Mediterranean Egg White Scramble.
If you haven’t been able to tell by now, I use basil, cheese, and olives in pretty much all of my meals. Since I want to fit in my wedding dress, I am trying my best to eat those three things in whatever healthy ways I can. Though if I could live in Greece, and eat cheese and pita all day ever day, I would.
Alas, that is not my life, and I am stuck in the very comparable Pittsburgh. A girl can dream though, right?
Mediterranean Egg White Scramble
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbsp chopped spinach
- 3 pieces salami
- 2 tbsp chopped pepper
- 2 tbsp cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1/4 mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
- 4 kalamata olives
- salt & pepper to taste
- Grease your pan and heat the spinach, salami, tomatoes, and pepper over medium heat for a couple of minutes until they soften up a little bit.
- Add your egg whites and the rest of the ingredients.
- As the egg cooks, make sure to scrape the bottoms and sides frequently in order to get all of the egg to cook evenly.
- Continue cooking for about two or so minutes until all the egg has been cooked. You will want to still see a little bit of liquid on the bottom as it will cook off when you take the eggs off the heat (this will prevent your eggs from being dry).
- Take off the heat & enjoy!