I got a new camera (!), so to test it out, I made these super easy Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pinwheels. I have some frozen puff pastry in the freezer, and was craving something sweet. This recipe only has 4 ingredients (I feel like that has been my magic number lately), and it takes zero time and effort to put these together. As an added bonus, they also taste amazing.
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pinwheels
Yield: 12 pinwheels
- 2/3 sheet puff pastry dough
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Thaw your pastry dough at room temperature for about 40 minutes.
- Cut 1/3 of it off and re-freeze (unless you want more than 12 pinwheels).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay your pastry dough flat on a silpat mat or on parchment paper.
- Brush the pastry dough with the melted butter. Make sure to cover thoroughly.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Sprinkle over the pastry dough and coat evenly.
- Cut your pastry dough into 12 even strips.
- Roll up each strip and place in a mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush tops with butter as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Serve warm or cold!