It’s finally Spring!! I could not be more ready. The warm-ish weather almost inspires me to go run outside. Almost. I was somehow swindled in to committing to running a marathon next year, but luckily I have about 17 months to train. Most likely, I won’t start until the very last minute….
In the meantime, it’s almost Easter! Easter is the one holiday that I wholly associate with brunch (my favorite meal). To get brunch ready, I decided I needed a good muffin. Since I happen to think banana muffins go well with just about everything, and I always have frozen bananas in my freezer, it was an easy decision. I also have an awesome fool-proof recipe I use, so what more could I want? The answer: Nutella. I want Nutella. In everything. All the time. So, Nutella Banana Muffins it is. Is there even a better combo??
I can’t stress enough how good these are. They are sweet, moist, a little nutty and so so so delicious. The recipe I use only makes 8 muffins (to save me from eating 20), and between me and my husband, I am a little worried we won’t have any left for tomorrow, let alone Easter. I guess I’ll have to make more…..
Nutella Banana Muffins
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ~3 tbsp nutella
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the egg, bananas, sugars, and oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and fold in until JUST combined. You do not want to over mix, and a lumpy batter is perfect.
- Pour the batter in to your pre-lined or pre greased muffin tin and fill 3/4 of the way.
- Drop a teaspoon of Nutella in to each muffin cup.
- Run a knife back and forth through the Nutella to create a marble look.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown on top and toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve hot or cold!