I hate to say it, but I am so ready for fall. Hot weather and me are not friends. My hair hates humidity. This is what I end up looking like:
Since the hot days are numbered, I decided I needed to take advantage of one of the best things about summer: peaches. For a final summer hurrah, I’m using ALL the peaches. I decided to make a Peach Crisp and make it a little differently this time. Rather than using a normal crumble topping, I made a pretzel crumble. I am a salt addict, and salty sweet desserts are my absolute favorite. This Pretzel Peach Crisp is both of those things and it is so so so good. I swear. I’m not just saying that. I had to restrain myself from eating both dishes.
I made two mini versions so that my husband and I could finish them between ourselves without feeling like we were each going to gain 2o lbs. We split one of the dishes fresh out of the oven, and the other we saved for the next day (even though I picked at it… oops).
Each dish is six inches in diameter, but if you don’t have suitable dishes, you could use a 9×5″ loaf pan as well. This is a super simple dessert to make, and I swear it’s worth it.
Peach Pretzel Crisp
- 3 medium sized peaches, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tbsp butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 c pretzel sticks, finely crushed
- 1/4 c butter, cubed
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss 2 tbsp butter, peaches, and brown sugar together in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small food processor, pulse the pretzel sticks, 1/4 c butter and granulated sugar together until pea sized pieces form.
- Layer the peaches in two 6" diameter dishes (or one 9x5" pan).
- Sprinkle the pretzel mix evenly on top of the peaches.
- Place the two dishes on top of a cookie sheet to catch any spills in the oven.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the sugar and butter begins to bubble and caramelize.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with ice cream!