I have neglected my cookie project for far too long. And it is almost crunch time! I have less than 4 months to go until my wedding. Since I’ve only tried one peanut butter recipe so far, I figured it was high time to try another. I adapted this recipe and made them Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies. I figure you can make pretty much anything better by adding Reese’s Pieces to them. Surprise! The cookies turned out super well. I think I may have another strong contender for my wedding cookies…
These also make great ice cream sandwiches. I don’t have a picture, because I may have eaten them before I could take one.
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 c peanut butter
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c white sugar
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c reese's pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, sugars, egg, milk & vanilla.
- Mix together the flour, baking power and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the peanut butter mixture and blend together well.
- Stir in the Reese's Pieces.
- Scoop the dough on to a slipat lined baking sheet and space at least an inch apart.
- Flatten with a fork, and make criss cross marks across the top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes lightly browned.
- Let cool & then serve.