Holy smokes. How is it almost Valentine’s Day?! My 2018 is going especially fast because in November, I had my first baby, a girl! The past 12 weeks have flown by and while I am grateful we are close to the end of the “fourth trimester”, I think I will also miss it. Am I the only one?
This Valentine’s Day, my husband and I will likely stay in and make dinner at 5 before going to bed at 7. Romantic, right? To make things extra sweet / clean out our pantry, I made popcorn muddy buddies and threw in some Valentine’s Peanut Butter M&Ms and peanuts for good measure. If you don’t know what Muddy Buddies are, you definitely need them in your life ASAP. This treat is insanely easy to make and to eat. It is very addictive. I thought I made too much until it was gone the very next day. Oops.
If you love anyone or love yourself, make this. I promise no one will be mad about it. For another simple Valentine’s Day dessert idea, try these chocolate dipped strawberry hearts!
Valentine’s Day Popcorn Muddy Buddies
- 1/4 c popcorn kernels (6 c popped popcorn)
- 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 c peanut butter M&Ms
- 1/4 c peanuts
- Make popcorn per package instructions.
- Microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter together in a microwave safe bowl on high for 1 minute.
- If the mixture is not smooth when mixed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds and stir.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate mixture to the popcorn and stir until all the popcorn is evenly coated.
- Sift powdered sugar over the popcorn mix and stir to even coat.
- Mix in the peanut butter M&Ms and peanuts.