I have a confession that might make me wildly unpopular…. I don’t like Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I’ve never gotten the obsession over them, and I can’t understand how they now have become such an integral part of Fall.
Since I can’t seem to get away from them, I have decided to embrace them this year in the only way I know how: add booze to them. And guess what, it worked! This Spiked Pumpkin Spice Latte is so good. I spiked it with Baileys since I personally feel Baileys & coffee go together the way everyone else feels pumpkin & spice do. They don’t taste boozy at all, just really creamy and delicious. Top them off with whipped cream, and these lattes are practically dessert. Drinking one is the perfect way to end the night, or if you are so inclined (I won’t judge), start a morning.
The recipe I adapted doesn’t require a special milk frother or even an espresso machine. Anyone can make it as long as you own a coffee machine (or a french press). Since it is Saturday, I suggest you make one before you go out (or make it decaf if you’re staying in).
Spiked Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 tbsp pure pumpkin puree
- 1 tbps sugar
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 c brewed coffee
- 1 50 ml Baileys
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- In a small microwavable bowl, add the milk, pumpkin, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and poke some holes in to it for ventilation.
- Heat in the microwave for a minute to a minute and a half.
- Whisk the mixture together vigorously until it is foamy.
- Pour the milk mixture in to the coffee through a strainer.
- Add the Baileys.
- Mix together.
- Top with whip cream and pumpkin pie spice.