The 4th of July is an American holiday that is celebrated with parades and fireworks. The celebration may be patriotic, but it is also a time to eat. In fact, July 4, the 4th of July, is a day that many Americans and people around the world all over the world will be celebrating.
For the 4th of July, I’m making a flag fruit pizza. Flag fruit is fruit you don’t normally have a lot of so that is where I’m going to get it. I am also going to use a sugar cookie pie crust. The flag fruit is pineapple, the red, white, and blue is cherries and blueberries, the green is stawberries, the yellow is bananas, and the red is the strawberries and raspberries. So go out and get some flag fruit and have a great 4th of July!
Begin your 4th of July with a Sugar Cookie Flag Fruit Pizza. The buttery sugar cookie crust is covered with a thick layer of red sprinkles, white buttercream frosting, and sliced, marinated blueberries and blackberries. The star of the show is the flag-inspired fruit pizza on top; it’s topped with a generous layer of juicy blackberries, a few slices of juicy pineapple, and a sprinkle of white sugar crystals on top. The bright red candy, white frosting, and festive sprinkles make this a perfect dessert to celebrate the 4th of July.
The 4th of July is the epitome of summertime! The ideal dessert for any party or picnic is this Sugar Cookie Flag Fruit Pizza! This dessert will have you witnessing fireworks! It has a delicious cookie crust, a sweet, creamy “sauce,” and fruity toppings.
My uncle’s birthday was July 4th, and one of my favorite summer memories is celebrating his birthday with a pool party at our home. Every year, my mother or aunt would make this dish as his birthday cake! All of those wonderful memories came rushing back while I was adding the strawberries to this cookie- I love how little things in life can mean so much!
Is it possible to substitute chocolate chip cookie dough?
Yes! You may certainly use chocolate chip cookie dough in this recipe. To keep things simple, we used sugar cookie dough, but isn’t everything better with chocolate chips?!?!?
Is it necessary for me to utilize pre-made cookie dough?
If you wish to create your own dough, you don’t have to use the pre-made dough! We like how simple it makes this recipe, but feel free to substitute your own!
Can I use a different frosting if I don’t like cream cheese?
Sure! With this pizza, you may use a basic white icing, but we believe the cream cheese combination adds a lot of flavor!
Ingredients for our Fruit Pizza with a Sugar Cookie Flag
- Dough for Sugar Cookies
- creme fraiche
- Sugar in powdered form
To create our Sugar Cookie Flag Fruit Pizza, follow these steps:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out the sugar cookie dough onto a rectangle cookie sheet. This will be rolled out extremely thin; if you want a thicker cookie, use two rolls.
After the dough has been flattened out, make markings in it with a fork to prevent it from rising during baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and put it aside to cool.
Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium mixing dish while the cookie is cooling. Blend until completely smooth. Remove from the equation.
Blueberries and strawberries should be washed. Strawberries should be cut into circular pieces. Spread the cream cheese and powdered cream mixture evenly over the whole cookie after it has completely cooled.
To symbolize the stars on the flag, place blueberries in the upper left hand corner.
Then, in rows, place strawberries to mimic the stripes. Repeat until the cookie is completely filled, with a row of strawberries and a row with just the “sauce” visible. It is ready to serve right away or may be kept refrigerated for up to three days.
This simple dessert pizza is simple to prepare and a dish that the whole family can enjoy! My children like assisting me in placing all of the berries on the pizza. Even if it isn’t a holiday, we cook this pizza since you can put any fruit on it and create whatever pattern you want! I hope you like this patriotic and amusing treat!
Do you like quick and easy recipes? Subscribe to our newsletters below, and we’ll send them to you right away!
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 20 minutes
30 minutes in total
- Sugar Cookie Dough (16.5 oz. or more)
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- a half-cup of powdered sugar
- 1 pound sliced strawberries
- Blueberries (50)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough onto a rectangle cookie sheet.
- This will be rolled out extremely thin; if you want a thicker cookie, use two rolls.
- After the dough has been flattened out, make markings in it with a fork to prevent it from rising during baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, watching carefully to avoid burning.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and put it aside to cool.
- Combine cream cheese and powdered sugar in a medium mixing dish while the cookie is cooling.
- Blend until completely smooth. Remove from the equation.
- Blueberries and strawberries should be washed. Strawberries should be cut into circular pieces.
- Spread the cream cheese and powdered cream mixture evenly over the whole cookie after it has completely cooled.
- To symbolize the stars on the flag, place blueberries in the upper left hand corner.
- Then, in rows, place strawberries to mimic the stripes.
- Repeat until the cookie is completely filled, with a row of strawberries and a row with just the “sauce” visible.
- It’s ready to eat right away or may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Information about nutrition:
Size of Serving:
1 tbsp. per serving 323 calories 17g total fat 7g Saturated Fat 0g trans fat 9g of unsaturated fat Cholesterol: 28 milligrams Sodium (mg): 225 40g carbohydrate 1 gram of fiber 26 g sugar 4 g protein
(Nutritional information is an estimate that may vary depending on cooking techniques and ingredient brands utilized.)
Have you tried this recipe yet?
Please leave a comment on the blog or use Instagram to submit a picture.
To celebrate America’s birthday this week, I decided to create a flag fruit pizza for the 4th of July. A simple flag fruit pizza on a base of sugar cookie was the perfect idea. This flag fruit pizza recipe is super fun for kids and adults alike.. Read more about american flag fruit pizza pillsbury and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- sugar cookie fruit pizza
- 4th of july fruit pizza pillsbury
- 4th of july fruit pizza
- sugar cookie fruit pizza cream cheese cool whip
- pillsbury sugar cookie fruit tart