Creamy Cucumber Salad |
Made with a mix of red and green bell pepper, cucumbers, red onion, and a mixture of vinegar and olive oil, this salad is far from being plain. The cucumbers are creamy (the key ingredient to keep the salad from being too tart) and the dressing is a mixture of vinegar and oil (otherwise the crunch of the vegetables is too strong). The red onion makes the salad a bit more interesting (especially if you are not fond of the pea-green color of cucumbers) and the mixture of red and green bell peppers gives it a nice color that fits with the salad even more. The positive side of this recipe is that it is very simple and you get a lot of salad for a low price – this recipe
This creamy cucumber salad recipe is one of the most tasty and refreshing salads you can make in summer. It will be a great addition to your family dinner or party. It is also healthy and low calorie.
Let’s face it, salads are boring! Most salads are either a pile of iceberg lettuce with a few carrot sticks thrown in, or a couple of slices of tomato, a few leftover bits of cold meat, and a bunch of drippy croutons. Let’s turn things around and make a salad that really goes to town! The cucumber and celery are the stars of this salad, which is served cold, and can be made up to a week ahead of time.
This Creamy Cucumber Salad is a crowd-pleaser every time!
You’ve come to the right place if you’re searching for a delicious creamy cucumber salad recipe. Sour cream, finely chopped onion, and paprika are used to make our cucumber salad, which has a basic yet wonderful flavor.
This salad is a wonderful side dish for a large family dinner, and it’s particularly good during a barbeque in the summer.
This creamy cucumber salad just requires a serving spoon!
It’s amazing how many distinct cucumber salads there are in various nations and civilizations.
Who knew there were so many ways to cook fresh cucumbers? Eric’s Hungarian grandmother handed down this recipe, as did many others on this page.
His mother still prepares it for family occasions, and it’s a hit. Year after year, people beg her to prepare a bigger amount.
Scraping the bowl for the remnants is entrusted to relatives. I’m not even joking. As a result, we decided to try the creamy cucumber dish, and it did not disappoint.
With sour cream and paprika, we make a creamy cucumber salad…
This recipe is extremely creamy, but you may adjust the quantity of sour cream to suit your preferences. For a little more kick, throw in some fresh garlic.
Also, the better the cucumbers taste the longer they rest in the fridge to remove extra water and cool. However, you should not return it to the fridge after adding the sour cream since it will get too mushy.
To add color and flavor, top with additional paprika and even chives.
There are a few things to think about before you start making your own creamy cucumber salad:
- There is no vinegar in this recipe. There is a vinegar-based Hungarian cucumber salad recipe as well. We’ll prepare it shortly and share the recipe here for you to try at home.
- There are three kinds of paprika to choose from, like with most Hungarian recipes: sweet, smoked, or spicy. Make certain you purchase and include the item you want. Nothing is more annoying than adding a hot taste that you can’t control!
Recipes that are similar
We like cucumber salads in general, so check out these other popular variations:
- 2 cucumbers (English)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 gallon sour cream
- 1 onion, tiny
- paprika, 1 teaspoon
- cayenne (to taste)
- Cucumbers should be washed and peeled. Using a mandolin or the slicing side of a 4-sided grater, thinly slice them.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours after adding salt to the top and covering the bowl with plastic wrap (or equivalent).
- Remove the cucumber dish from the refrigerator, drain out any visible water, and squeeze the cucumbers with your hands to remove any extra water. If you don’t want to use your hands, you may instead press a tiny plate on the cucumbers.
- A small onion should be peeled and finely sliced.
- In a mixing dish, combine the sour cream, onion, and paprika.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste (be careful not to add too much salt because it should already be salty), mix well, and serve.
- It’s recommended to serve this cucumber salad cold. It’s best if you put it in the fridge for a few hours to get rid of the extra liquid. However, if you prepare it and serve it immediately, it will not lose as much water, but it will not taste as wonderful as it does when chilled.
- Make careful to eat the salad right after you’ve added the sour cream. After you’ve added the sour cream, don’t put it back in the fridge or it’ll become mushy.
- This dish is rich and creamy. If desired, you may easily decrease the quantity of sour cream.
- You may also add a smashed garlic clove to this recipe for a powerful flavor boost.
Information about nutrition:
Serving Size: 4 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size: 1 Serving Size 139 calories 11g total fat 6g Saturated Fat 0g trans fat 3 g of unsaturated fat 34 milligrams of cholesterol 1765mg sodium 9g Carbohydrates 1 gram of fiber 4 g sugar 2 g protein
An online nutrition calculator was used to determine this nutritional information. It should only be used as a guideline and not as a substitute for expert dietary guidance. Depending on the particular components used, the exact values may vary.
How did this recipe turn out for you?
You may save it to one of your Pinterest boards and come back to it at any time!
Some of us are lucky enough to have access to fresh, local produce in the summertime. Even if you don’t, there’s a super easy way to recreate the same taste and texture. Just mix cucumber, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to create a refreshing salad. This is a very simple recipe that will make even picky eaters happy.. Read more about creamy cucumber salad with miracle whip and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my cucumber salad watery?
The cucumber salad is watery because it has been sitting out for a long time. Cucumbers are hygroscopic, which means they absorb moisture from the air and release it when they are in contact with water.
Do you leave skin on cucumber for salad?
Yes, cucumbers are peeled before they are used for salads.
How long is cucumber salad good for?
It is best to make cucumber salad a day ahead of time.