Fatta with Chicken |
Fatta with chicken is a Jamaican dish that consists of fried breaded chicken, coated in flour and then dipped into an egg mixture before frying.
The egyptian chicken fatteh recipe is a dish that is cooked in a clay pot. It is made with chicken, onion, tomatoes, and lemon juice.
I don’t anticipate many people to try this multi-layered meal since it is difficult and time consuming. However, it is crucial throughout the Arab world, particularly in Syria and Lebanon.
- At room temperature, 4 cups thick Greek-style drained yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 chicken (about 312 pounds)
- 3 lemons’ juice
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 5 or 6 tiny mastic pieces, crushed with a little water
- sour (optional) seasoning with salt and pepper
- 1 big coarsely chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons oil (vegetable)
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 cup long-grain or basmati rice (washed if basmati)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp allspice powder
- 2 regular pita breads or 3 extremely thin pita breads Vegetable oil for frying
- a quarter-cup of pine nuts
- In a mixing dish, combine the yogurt and garlic. Allow it to to room temperature. Â Chicken should be washed. Fill a big pot halfway with water and set aside.
- Bring to a boil, then skim off any scum. Cook until the chicken is extremely soft and nearly comes off the bones, 1 to 12 hours, with the lemon juice and cardamom, mastic if desired, salt, and pepper. Remove the chicken from the stock, remove the skin and bones, and return the chicken pieces. When you’re ready to serve, bring it back to a boil.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hashwa or filling: In 3 tablespoons of oil, fry the onion until golden brown, turning periodically.
- Cook, pressing and stirring the ground beef until it has changed color, then add the rice and continue to mix. Add the cinnamon, allspice, salt, and pepper, as well as 14 cups of water. Reduce the heat to a low setting and cover the pan. Cook for approximately 20 minutes over low heat, or until the rice is done.
- Remove the pita breads from the oven. Toast them until they are crisp and gently browned in the oven or under the broiler. Then, using your hands, break them up into little pieces and lay them out in the bottom of a deep serving dish.
- When you’re ready to serve, assemble the dish quickly so that all of the layers, save the yogurt, are hot. Spread the rice-and-meat hashwa on the toasted bread. Place the chicken pieces on top, then add enough flavorful stock to completely saturate the bread. Cover completely with yogurt and top with pine nuts that have been gently cooked in a drop of oil. Â Serve right away.
- Note: To make this ahead of time, stack the ingredients in a large ovenproof dish, cover with foil, and reheat in the oven before serving.
The chicken fatteh ottolenghi is a dish made with chicken, tomato sauce, eggs, and spices. It is traditionally served over rice or pasta.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does fatteh taste like?
Fatteh is a type of food that is made from ground chickpeas and spices, such as cumin, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, pepper. It is usually served with bread or rice.
What does fatteh consist of?
Fatteh is a Middle Eastern dish, typically consisting of rice and meat.
How do you make Lebanese fatteh?
Lebanese fatteh is a dish made with meat, onions, tomatoes, and parsley.
- chicken fatteh with rice
- fatteh recipe
- chicken shawarma fatteh
- palestinian fatteh recipe
- fatteh recipe eggplant