Low carb diets have been known to reduce insulin levels, which in turn helps to burn fat. Chicken is a great source of protein, so using it for these fajitas will help keep you satiated while still allowing you to enjoy the taste of the other ingredients.
Whether you’re trying to lose weight, eat healthier, or just feel better, chicken fajitas are a great way to start. They’re also a great way to make a meal when you want something quick and easy. My favorite fajita dish is a baked chicken breast with vegetables and cheese. For a low carb version of this dish, make a great skillet and bake it with just a few simple changes.
Chicken thighs are among the best chicken cutlets because they have a lot of bone and are more forgiving to make when cooking the chicken. They can be made in a pan by first sauteing onions in butter until tender, then adding chicken thighs, cooking on each side until golden brown and turning frequently, for about 20 minutes or until just cooked through. You can then serve them with low carb cilantro lime rice and queso fresco, but I like to make Chicken Fajitas.. Read more about how many carbs in chicken fajitas without tortillas and let us know what you think.
Keto Chicken Fajitas – This simple low carb chicken fajitas is a wonderful one-pan dinner for busy weeknights that comprises of tender juicy chicken pieces and lots of Mexican spices served over cauliflower rice or lettuce wraps and is done in just 30 minutes.
Is it possible to prepare these Keto Chicken Fajita Bowls ahead of time?
Yes, these low-carb chicken fajitas may be prepared ahead of time. Prepare the dish and put it in lunch containers with cauliflower rice, which you can reheat any time throughout the week.
Meal Preparation Suggestions
- Prepare the veggies ahead of time by slicing bell peppers, onions, and other vegetables.
- Season the chicken and marinade it in the fridge overnight.
Can You Keep These Keto Chicken Fajitas in the Fridge?
Make them according to the instructions below, then cool fully before dividing into airtight containers and storing in the refrigerator for 4-7 days or freezing for up to 6 months.
What are the Different Options for Garnishing?
Fresh lime juice and fresh coriander leaves are my favorite garnishes. Sour cream, cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, guacamole, or freshly grated cheese may also be added.
How Should These Keto Diet Chicken Fajitas Be Served?
Serve with low-carb tortillas, lettuce wraps, cauliflower rice, coconut wraps, or a bed of mixed leafy greens.
How to Make Keto Chicken Fajitas in the Oven
Check out the recipe card below for the skillet version.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing dish, combine the olive oil and all of the spices. Mix everything together until it’s smooth.
- Toss the chicken and veggies in the bowl with the spices until everything is thoroughly covered.
- Grease a sheet pan lightly and pour the ingredients onto it, spreading it out into a single layer. (you may do it in batches or split it onto two sheet pans)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, stir, then return it to the oven for another 10-15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and serve with lime juice and chopped coriander.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or low-carb tortillas.
Chicken Fajitas on the Keto Diet (Low Carb)
These quick keto low carb chicken fajitas are a wonderful one-pan dinner for busy weeknights that consist of tender juicy chicken pieces and lots of Mexican spices served over cauliflower rice or lettuce wraps and are done in just 30 minutes.
5 minutes Preparation Time
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Recipe to be saved
Recipes to Print
- 1.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 gallon of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dry
- a half teaspoon of chili powder
- paprika, 1/2 teaspoon
- a half teaspoon of salt
- a half teaspoon of pepper
- a half teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
as a garnish
- one lime’s juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
with the purpose of serving
- Optional keto-friendly tortillas
- Optional lettuce wraps
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- 1 tbsp olive oil, heated, bell peppers and onion, sauteed for 5-7 minutes or until soft. Place them on a platter.
- Sauté the chicken pieces in the remaining 2 tbsp olive oil for 7-9 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Bring the spices and chicken stock to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the sautéed bell peppers and onions to the skillet, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until well heated.
- Serve immediately over cauliflower rice or low-carb tortillas, garnished with fresh lime and coriander leaves.
Still famished! Other low-carb keto chicken dishes to try:
Guys, I hope you like these simple keto skillet chicken fajitas that I prepare once a week. This dish will appeal to all chicken fans searching for high-protein, low-carb chicken fajitas. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends on Pinterest, Facebook, and other social media platforms if you enjoy it. Also, check us out on Tumblr, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Please pass this recipe along!
Fajitas are a favorite dinner at our house. I like mine a little spicy with a little kick, so I add a little more cayenne than what the recipe calls for. I also sometimes use the leftover high-fat sausage from our roast beef dinner, or the leftover turkey meat from Christmas dinner. Personally, I like to add a little cumin and paprika when I make the steak, and I like to add a little garlic too. A little bit of sour cream and cheese is a nice addition, too.. Read more about keto chicken fajita casserole pinterest and let us know what you think.