POMMES MOUSSELINE |
Pommes Mousseline is a French dish made from thinly sliced potatoes fried in butter and then dusted with flour, salt, pepper, and sometimes sugar. It’s a classic recipe that’s been around for centuries.
The mousseline recipe is a dish that consists of thin layers of mousse wrapped around a filling. It is typically made with cream, pastry, or chocolate.
- This is a unique potato dish that is so silky and creamy that it resembles a mousse, thus the name. It’s pure decadence, and I adore it. I’m certain you will as well.
- Ratte, fingerling, or Yukon Gold potatoes, washed but not skinned, 2 1/4 pound (1 kg)
- a generous sprinkling of fine table salt
- 1 1/4 gallon whole milk
- 1 and a half cups heavy cream
- 7 tbsp cold unsalted butter, diced (1/2 stick + 3 tbsp)
- salt with freshly milled flour
- Fill a saucepan halfway with cold water and add the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil with the fine salt, cover, and reduce to medium heat. Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, until the potatoes are mushy when lightly pressed (do not boil). Turn off the heat in the pan.
- Remove the potatoes from the water one at a time and peel the skin off with a tiny, sharp knife. Push them through a food mill as soon as they’re all peeled.
- Fill a clean saucepan halfway with puréed potatoes. In a separate pan, bring the milk and cream to a boil, then remove from the heat. Over medium heat, mix one-third of the creamy milk into the potatoes with a rubber spatula, then one-third of the butter.
- In two more batches, continue to beat in the milk and butter. The potatoes will become silky smooth and glossy. Make sure each batch of milk and butter is completely integrated before adding the next, and when the purée reaches the liquid stage, switch to a balloon whisk. You may need to alter the quantities of milk and butter to accommodate various potato types.
- To serve, taste the potatoes and adjust the spice as needed, then spoon them into a hot bowl.
Pommes Mousseline is a classic French dish that is made by wrapping fish fillets in mousseline sauce. The recipe is very simple and can be made with any type of fish fillets. Reference: fish mousseline recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a mousseline in cooking?
Mousseline is a type of sauce that is made by mixing butter, flour, and milk together.
How long to boil russet potatoes?
It depends on the size of the potatoes, but it should take about 15 to 20 minutes.
What type of food is mashed potatoes?
Mashed potatoes are a type of food that is made by combining mashed boiled potatoes with some milk, butter, salt, and pepper.
- sweet potato mousseline
- pomme puree
- potato mousseline recipe
- what is celeriac mousseline
- potato mousseline sauce