The Sweet Corn Cheesecake is a sweet Mexican dessert, made with corn kernels and cream cheese. This recipe was created by the chefs of the Restaurant El Cid in Mexico City during their annual food and wine festival.
Mexico’s corn dessert is a sweet corn cheesecake. It is made with cream, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Caring is shared!
Disclaimer on the Recipe
- Walt Disney World Guest Services or a Disney Chef at the restaurant gave me the recipe for this Cheesecake with Sweet Corn Food & Wine Festival Mexico 2014.
- The Disney Chefs may have toned down the recipe in Sweet Corn Cheesecake Food & Wine Festival Mexico 2014 for the home cook. For The Recipes Of Disney, I make no modifications to the recipes that Disney has provided me.
- Photos of the cuisine were taken on different visits to Disney throughout the years. All of the dishes on The Recipes Of Disney came from my own Disney recipe collection, which began in 2013.
Mexico at Epcot
In Epcot’s global showcase, Mexico is a permanent pavilion. Because the pyramid is so visible, most people utilize Mexico as a gathering spot for loved ones. Also, if you go to the left of the International Gateway, Mexico is the first country in Epcot’s World Showcase.
Because Mexico is a permanent presence at Epcot, the cuisine during its festivals must be spectacular. When it comes to tastes, Mexico does not disappoint!
2014 Food and Wine Festival
Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon Hash Food and Wine Festival 2014 is one of the recipes I have from the 2014 Food and Wine Festival. Epcot’s cuisine and wine menus truly stood out in 2014. What was the menu for Mexico’s 2014 food and wine festival? I had to search a little to get the 2014 menu with prices:
- DDP Snack Eligible Shrimp Taco: Fried shrimp, pickled habanero chile, and onions on a flour tortilla – $5.50
- On a corn tortilla, marinated rib eye, roasted chipotle salsa, and grilled scallions (gluten-free) – DDP $5.50 Eligible for a Snack
- $3.50 DDP Snack Eligible Sweet Corn Cheesecake; Vegetarian
- $3.75 for a bottle of Dos Equis beer
- $6.75 for Sangria
- $12.50 for a Tequila Flight
- $8.50 for a mango-strawberry margarita
Sweet Corn Cheesecake
On Disney’s Mexico 2014 menu, the Sweet Corn Cheesecake was the standout. It’s a delicious Mexican delicacy composed with creamy cheesecake and sweet corn.
The mere utterance of the phrase “cheesecake” is enough to make anybody drool. This Sweet Corn Cheesecake is a one-of-a-kind creation from Mexico. Corn is inherently sweet, so adding it to a cheesecake recipe elevates it to new heights.
This Mexican dessert was a fantastic way to expose people to Mexican food they may not have been aware of. That is what makes Epcot’s International Cuisine and Wine Festival so special; you may sample food and wine from different cultures!
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER EPCOT RECIPES FOR FOOD AND WINE:
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
1 hour to prepare
2 hours of additional time
3 hours and 10 minutes total
Epcot’s 2014 Food and Wine Festival in Mexico’s dessert choice was Sweet Corn Cheesecake. Surprisingly, this sweet Mexican cheesecake was a smash!
- 1 pound graham crackers, crushed
- 1 unsalted butter stick (4 oz)
Filling for the Cheesecake:
- 1 8 oz cream cheese packet, room temperature
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 2 sweet corn cans (12 oz each), drained of extra liquid
- 6 TBS UNSALTED BUTTER, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 3 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using cooking spray, coat an 8-inch springform pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Combine the ingredients with the graham crackers and press into the bottom and edges of the pan.
- Remove from the equation.
Filling for Cheesecake
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together in the bowl of an electric mixer equipped with a paddle attachment until completely mixed and soft.
- Scrape down the edges of the bowl to ensure that the sweetened condensed milk is completely mixed.
- One at a time, add the eggs, scraping down the sides after each addition to ensure the mixture is well mixed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as you add the evaporated milk a little at a time.
- Corn should be added to the mix. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and pour into a springform pan.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until just set.
- Allow cheesecake to cool to room temperature.
- Before serving, chill for at least 2 hours.
Products to Consider
I earn money from qualifying purchases as an Amazon Associate and as a member of other affiliate programs.
Information about nutrition:
Size of Serving:
1 tbsp. per serving 686 calories 39g total fat 19g Saturated Fat 0g trans fat 16g of unsaturated fat 172 milligrams of cholesterol 548mg sodium 74g carbohydrate 3 g of fiber 25 g sugar 14 g protein
Sweet Corn Cheesecake is a recipe that was created by the Food & Wine Festival in Mexico. The cheesecake is made with sweet corn, cream cheese, sugar, eggs and butter. Reference: homemade cheese cake.
- cornbread cheesecake
- how to make corn cheese cake
- corn cake
- types of cheesecake
- best cheesecake in the world