Keto ice cream is hard to find. Sure, you can find low carb ice cream at places like Whole Foods and the newly-opened Paleo People, and there are a few keto-friendly ice cream makers on the market, but that stuff costs $3-4 a pint. Meanwhile, the liquid liquid keto ice cream that is liquid liquid liquid liquid liquid liquid was $3.99 a pint. Unacceptable.
There are a lot of keto approved ice cream options out there, but most of them taste terrible. This is because they are made with artificial sweeteners, emulsifiers, and stabilizers, instead of real food ingredients. These foods are often full of chemicals and preservatives that are hard on your body, and they taste terrible.
We all know that food tastes better when you’re on a ketogenic diet, but not everyone has the time to enjoy a nice, light dairy dessert. That’s why there are so many great keto-approved ice cream alternatives on the market, which are low in carbs but have the same delicious flavor.
This article includes affiliate links, and if you buy anything via our site, we may earn a small fee.
Do you want ice cream but don’t have time to prepare it at home since you’re on a keto diet? You may now enjoy low carb ice cream while staying in ketosis thanks to several new ice cream brands on the market.
What exactly is ice cream? Ice Cream, on the other hand, is my best buddy. I always want ice cream, whether it’s summer or not. Ice Cream will never abandon you; whether you are happy or unhappy, it will always be available to you in a variety of flavors.
Is Ice Cream a Keto Food?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. Ice cream isn’t keto since it’s mainly composed of cream and sugar and has a whopping 50 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
Fortunately, there are several excellent choices that will allow you to enjoy ice cream while adhering to a ketogenic diet.
- Create homemade keto ice cream – You can make your own ice cream at home by substituting low-carb sweeteners for non-keto components like sugar. Choose from over 18 delectable keto ice cream flavors to make your favorite ice cream recipe.
- However, there are a few brands that you may simply purchase and enjoy when you have a desire.
What Makes Keto Ice Cream Keto, Exactly?
Ice cream, as we all know, is created with milk, cream, and a lot of sugar, which isn’t keto! Then there’s the issue of how ice cream can be keto.
- First and foremost, it is prepared without sugar. Sugar is a high-carb food, and it’s the adversary of the ketogenic diet. So stevia, erythritol, monk fruit extract, or other low carb sweeteners are used to make keto ice cream.
- It’s rich in fiber – insoluble maize fiber or chicory root fiber are often added to keto ice cream.
- Keto ice cream does not include a lot of milk. It still includes dairy, but the ingredients list has more water, which is lower in carbohydrates. Some companies add milk protein powder to their ice cream, which has almost no carbohydrates.
Ingredients in Keto-Friendly Ice Cream
- Heavy Cream – This adds extra creaminess to the ice cream!
- Coconut cream ice cream is more delicious than dairy-free ice cream.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract is my favorite taste, therefore it needs to be in every dessert.
- Sweetener — Keto ice cream companies employ zero-carb sweeteners instead of sugar as a sweetener. These won’t raise your blood sugar levels and will help you stay in ketosis.
These Are The Most Delicious Low-Carb Ice Creams On The Market Right Now
We’ve made things simpler for you by compiling a list of our top keto ice cream brands. All you have to do now is read it and choose your preferred taste. Oh, and then eat your keto ice cream with a spoon.
- Rebel Creamery – The company also claims to have the lowest glycemic index ice cream on the market, using erythritol and monk fruit to sweeten their pints. You can find it at Walmart or Kroger, and it’s hands down the best keto ice cream on the market. It comes with tons of basics but also has a few interesting flavors.Nutrition: 180 calories, 16 grams fat, 17 grams carbs, <1 gram sugars | Net carbs: 2.3 grams per serving
- Keto Halo Top Ice Cream – Halo Top’s keto ice cream uses ultrafiltered skim milk as a foundation to keep the carb count low. There are many interesting flavors to choose from, however some of them include cornstarch or maltitol. 210 calories, 18 grams of fat, 15 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of sugars | 6 grams of net carbohydrates per serving
- Enlightened Keto Ice Cream – This company just released a keto collection that includes seven delectable flavors. 200 calories, 18 grams of fat, 11 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of sugars | 1 gram of net carbohydrates per serving
- Keto Pint Ice Cream – Here’s another delicious keto ice cream recipe that uses erythritol to reduce net carbohydrates. 150 calories, 12 grams of fat, 10 grams of carbohydrates, and 2 grams of sugars | 3 grams of net carbohydrates per serving
- Nick’s Swedish – Style Light Ice Cream – This is one of the more costly kinds of keto ice cream, with a sweetening blend of erythritol, stevia, corn fiber, birch sugar, and allulose. 90 calories, 6 grams fat, 0 grams sugars per serving | Net carbs: 10 grams
- Edy’s Slow Churned No Sugar Added – They use sorbitol and sucralose instead of sugar. 90 calories, 3 grams of fat, 1 gram of sugars per serving | Net carbs: 8 grams
- They create ice cream from full-fat coconut milk and a mixture of sugar alcohol erythritol and monk fruit extract. 100 calories, 3 grams of fat, 1 gram of protein per serving | Net carbs: 4 grams
- Simple Truth Keto — This ice cream may be found at Krogers. They created their own keto-friendly ice cream with a delicious taste and just 7.5 grams of net carbohydrates.
Now is the time to subscribe!
To be the first to hear about new recipes, changes, and special deals, sign up for our weekly email.
Thank you very much!
You have successfully subscribed to our our list.
FAVORITES OF READERS
The whole recipe may be found on the recipe card below. These recipes were created by readers who enjoyed this article:
Here at justalittlebite, we have been testing a number of Keto-approved ice cream flavors and we will be releasing a blog post with all of them. The blog post will include: 1. A recipe link for the ice cream, 2. The Keto Friendly ice cream serving size, 3. The nutrients per serving size, and 4. A link to the back of the ice cream packaging where the nutrition facts are listed.. Read more about keto-friendly ice cream walmart and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
What ice cream brands are keto-friendly?
The best keto-friendly ice cream brands are Halo Top, So Delicious, and Ben & Jerrys.
Can I eat keto ice cream everyday?
Yes, you can eat keto ice cream everyday.
What are some store bought keto desserts?
Here are some of the keto desserts that you can buy in stores.