These oven-baked pork ribs are a low carb, keto friendly recipe that’s easy to make. They’re also gluten free and paleo!
This recipe is simple and easy to make. It requires little prep time, and the pork ribs are cooked in the oven for a fast meal.
Keto pork ribs cooked in the oven are a delicious way to eat juicy and tender ribs quickly. Because not everyone has access to a grill or a smoker, ribs may also be cooked in an oven.
Recipe for Baked Pork Ribs
So, if you’re in the mood for a rack of ribs, try this recipe for simple baked ribs. It doesn’t take long, and the results are excellent and have a “bite” to them. Cook them a bit longer if you want them to fall off the bone. You may make your ribs anyway you like them and use whatever sugar-free or keto-friendly sauce or marinade you desire.
Watch this video to learn how to make Oven Baked Ribs.
Removing the Membrane: Some Pointers
Remove the membrane from the ribs to obtain the most delicate ribs for this dish. The membrane may have been removed by certain butchers or brands of ribs. You’re fine to go if the membrane has already been removed.
- Start with the bone side up at one end of the rib rack. Cut through the membrane and across the bone with a knife.
- Gently loosen and pull the membrane away from the bone until it tears.
- Grab the edge of the membrane with a dry paper towel and peel it off the whole rack of ribs.
- Pull the membrane off in tiny parts if it doesn’t come off in one piece.
How to Make Keto Baked Ribs with Low Carbs
The trick to making this a low carb dinner is to choose sauces that are low in sugar or keto friendly.
- To make the ribs tender, we prefer to boil them in chicken or beef broth. Normally, apple juice is used, but for a low-carb variation, just use broth.
- Use a variety of sugar-free or keto-friendly barbecue sauces, marinades, and glazes. There are a plethora of choices available. Here are a few of our personal favorites:
Low-Carb BBQ Pork Ribs Baked
Time to cook: 2 hours and 45 minutes
3 hour total time
Although the St. Louis cut spare rib is a delicious meaty cut, this recipe will also work with baby back ribs.
- Spare Ribs, 3 lbs. (1360 g) rack St. Louis cut (ideally), washed and patted dry
- 1 tsp (15 ml) salt, or to taste
- to taste, freshly cracked black pepper
- Broth, 1 cup (240 mL) (chicken, beef)
- 1 cup sugar-free BBQ sauce (240 mL) + more for serving
After lifting one edge of the silver skin with a knife, grasp the silver skin with a paper towel or kitchen towel and peel it off for easy removal. You may bake the ribs in foil “boats” for easy cleaning. 1. Make two “boats” out of doubled-up pieces of heavy-duty foil big enough to surround each rib part (*visual guide: sriracha-hoisin ribs). Place ribs in boats, meaty side up, and pour 1/2 cup broth into each boat. 2. Carefully seal the foil boats around the ribs, allowing the juice to be trapped in with the ribs while without breaking the foil. Place on baking sheets. Bake according to the directions in the recipe (however leaving the foil open but with the sides standing up enough to keep the juices around the ribs when it calls to bake uncovered).
435 calories, 3 grams of carbohydrates, 24 grams of protein, 35 grams of fat, 11 grams of saturated fat, 121 milligrams of cholesterol, 1687 milligrams of sodium, 387 milligrams of potassium, 25 milligrams of calcium, and 1 milligram of iron
Course Description: Main Course
American, Southern cuisine
Check out our low carb tomato sauce and keto thai iced tea recipes for additional low carb pork recipes.
We may receive money from your qualifying purchases as an Amazon associate and as a partner with other affiliate programs. We may get modest commissions that help cover the expenses of maintaining this website and conducting recipe testing. Thank you very much for your help.
These baked pork ribs are a family favorite. They are easy to make and have a delicious, crispy crust. The recipe is low carb, keto friendly, and gluten free. Reference: how to cook spare ribs in the oven.
- how long to cook ribs in oven at 350
- marinade for pork ribs in oven
- slow cook ribs in oven 200 degrees
- how to cook ribs in the oven uk
- how long to cook ribs in oven at 400