Banana chips are a quick and healthy snack that can be made in under 5 minutes. They are also a great back to school snack as they are packed with energy and are high in fibre. They can be made with frozen banana chips or chips that are fried in a pan.
I have a bad habit. I eat too much, I eat everything in sight. After losing a lot of weight, I was determined to find a healthy way to keep it off. So I went to the local farmer’s market, picked up a few dozen and headed home.
As a child, my most prized possession was a little plastic baggie that my mother filled with banana chips. The chips came in a cute little black and green striped bag, with the familiar scoop of potato chips on the top. Needless to say, I was chocked full of anticipation when I got that bag. So, when I got the chance to try the new “Banana chips” by Banana Boat, I was beyond excited. What were these new mysterious chips that have captured the minds of American snackers and will soon become the “Next Big Food”? The answer is simple: The new Banana chips are a new take on potato chips, made with bananas.
If you go to any bakery store in south India, you can discover banana chips, which are also known as yellow chips due to their color. Instead of banana chips, I always refer to them as yellow chips. We get it everywhere in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala, as well as other locations. Whenever my father travels to Kerala, the banana chips are in high demand, even though I can buy them in Chennai for a change of pace.
My mother also makes banana chips, although they aren’t as good as the ones sold in stores, but I like them. It’s simple to make. It goes well with simple rice, any dal, and any vegetable dish. It’s offered as a side dish with poppa dam (crispy rice and urad dal crackers). The raw bananas used in this recipe are tiny and thick in size, not lengthy ones. In Chennai, near the marina beach, you may find a few locals selling bajjis (besan batter fritters), and they use the same tiny raw bananas as I use. You may use any raw banana that you have on hand.
- 2 bananas, raw
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- if necessary, salt
- For deep frying, oil is required.
- With the aid of a knife, peel the banana skin and slice it into a circular shape. You may use a slicer, but the slices will be extremely thin; try it if you prefer very thin slices. It will not be as thin or thick as seen in the image. It’s all up to you how you slice it.
- Heat the oil in a kadai, then put the banana slices one by one into the hot oil, using a slotted spoon to cook them.
- To test if the oil is hot, drop a tiny piece of bread into it; if it comes up as cooked crumbs, the oil is hot. Alternatively, put one slice of banana into the oil; if it gets fried nicely and floats up quickly, the oil is hot.
- Cook it over a medium heat.
- Attempt to separate the banana slices since they like to cling to one another.
- When frying, be cautious since the oil may occasionally sizzle.
- Remove the banana chips to a dish after they’ve been thoroughly cooked and the edges have become golden brown.
- The banana chips have become golden brown and are fully cooked.
- With a slotted spoon, remove it from the pan and drain it on kitchen paper.
- Salt, turmeric, and chilli powder should be sprinkled on the heated chips according to personal preference.
- Season the chips with salt, chili powder, and turmeric, and toss well.
- After removing the chips from the dish, I combine salt, turmeric powder, and chili powder in a separate bowl, rather than adding it to the oil.
- Because the salt and chilli powder will not blend properly if the chips are cold, they are added while they are still hot.
- It may be served as a snack or with simple rice and other side dishes.
- Toss in a pinch of chilli powder and a pinch of turmeric powder to taste.
- Using a slicer or a knife, finely slice the banana chips.
- These chips will be crisp and tender at the same time.
What are banana chips? Well, they are essentially the healthy version of potato chips, but they have a nice crunch that makes them less likely to get soggy. They are a great snack, but you can also use them to create a yummy dessert. They can be made from banana pieces, banana chips, banana chips, banana chips, banana chips. Or many other ways. The point is, you can have banana chips anytime.. Read more about best banana chips and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are banana chips so bad for you?
Bananas are a fruit that is high in potassium and fiber, which can help with constipation.
Are banana chips good for you?
I dont know, but they are delicious.
Why is banana chips so tasty?
The banana chips are made from bananas that have been dehydrated and then ground into a powder. They are then mixed with other ingredients to make the final product.